BA (Honours)/MArt The Art of Video Games (Integrated Masters)
Follow in the footsteps of our Escapees who are working at the likes of Rockstar Games and Ubisoft
Don’t just play the game, create the game. Video games are evolving across all devices making it an exciting time to study and work in the industry. Our degree is perfect for those wanting to become an artist, it will provide you with both the professional skills and knowledge that the industry is looking for or even to start your own studio.
Become a games artist from day one - working in industry-style studio’s using the latest tools and techniques and working as part of a team on high quality creative projects. You’ll have intensive, hands-on tutorials with industry-trained tutors, who alongside practising professionals will provide regular feedback on your work.
You'll graduate studio ready with a professional portfolio of work to show employers and a degree validated by the University of Kent - known as the UK’s European University, it is ranked 23rd in The Guardian University Guide 2017.
We’ve developed this programme in collaboration with advisory board member Tara Saunders (London Studio Art Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) and renowned companies such as Double Negative, to give you the skills and knowledge to enter the exciting world of game development.
Our industry partners influence everything we do and we work closely with the games industry. You’ll have regular contact with the industry, from master classes given by leading professionals to industry-defined creative briefs and regular feedback from industry mentors. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend industry talks, as well as events aimed at helping you network with studios, talk to recruiters and showcase your showreel.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career