Online Advanced Workshop - Written Assignment
The written assignment will assess your skills in the following areas:
- Quality of written language in a professional context
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ability to articulate ideas and arguments in written form
- Ability to adopt a problem solving approach to a commercial issue within a deadline
According to Forbes Magazine, only 17% of computer science graduates are female and men outnumber women by 4:1 in Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) roles in the workplace.
You are a manager in charge of recruiting a new position at a large tech organisation. Your CEO, Chris, is concerned about the lack of diversity in the company's work force and has asked you to come up with a strategy to help address this issue and make tangible progress. Consider the following:
- What benefits could a diverse workforce bring to a tech organisation?
- What challenges do you foresee and how would your proposed strategy address these?
- Chris would also like you to include a concise explanation of the arguments for and against introducing minimum quotas from diverse backgrounds in the workforce.
- Justification for your reasoning
In no more than 500 words please compose an email addressed to Chris Jones that outlines your recommendation. In your email remember to consider the following:
- An outline of your strategy
- The justification for this recommendation (including whether you're setting quotas and why)
- Budget considerations if applicable
- Include sufficient, but not excessive detail
- The structure of the email and professional wording
- Spelling and grammar is very important!