Tesco Degree Apprenticeship - Watson Glaser Test
You are required to complete an exercise in critial thinking, known as the Watson Glaser test.
What is critical thinking?
Critical thinking is the ability to look at a situation and clearly understand it from multiple perspectives whilst separating facts from opinions and assumptions. It is recognised as a key 21st Century job requirement for many roles. The Watson Glaser test is used to measure this ability.
What does the Watson Glaser test measure?
Watson-Glaser is designed to be a quick, consistent and accurate measure of the ability to:
- Analyse, interpret and draw logical conclusions from written information.
- Recognise assumptions from facts.
- Evaluate the strength of arguments.
- Draw correct inferences.
Research also demonstrates a correlation of Watson-Glaser test scores with creative thinking ability.
The critical thinking test is used primarily in the context of recruitment to measure critical thinking ability levels in job, university and business school applicants. It is also used in development interventions.
Adhering to the RED Model, Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal looks at:
What is the format of the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal?
- The test is 30 minutes long and comprised of 40 questions. Practice tests are available here for you should you wish to take one.
- If you have an additional learning need and are usually provided with additional time in examinations, please contact email@example.com including proof of your learning needs and we can accommodate this for you.
- Once you have registered you must complete the test in the same session, so please ensure that you are in a suitable setting to complete the test and that your device is fully charged before you start.
- You will be asked some general questions about yourself at the start and some equal opportunities questions at the end. There are ‘prefer not to say’ options if you do not wish to provide the information or you feel it is not applicable.
Ready to start the test?
Follow these steps:
- Follow the link below
- Fill out the details required, using your name and personal email address to begin the test.