Animation courses and degrees
Why should I get into Animation?
The UK has some of the best animation studios in the world, including Aardman Animation (of Wallace and Gromit fame), Blue Zoo, and companies like Framestore which compete globally to produce some of the finest character and creature animation in the world. There has never been a better time to enter the animation industry.
Choose to bring your characters to life with our animation courses. You'll study in an environment that mirrors a standard industry animation studio, using professional software such as Maya, to give you a true taste of life in the workplace.
What Animation courses and degrees do we offer?
We offer undergraduate degrees and short courses.
Interested in finding out what other courses we offer? View our full list of short courses here
What makes our Animation courses and degrees unique?
- Our Animation courses are taught in studio-style classrooms with a suite of state of the art equipment.
- All our courses are developed with industry partners and individuals, so you'll benefit from industry feedback sessions with professionals still working in the industry and follow in the footsteps of those that have gone onto work on some of the biggest projects in the world, from Star Wars, Interstellar and Harry Potter to name but a few.
- Our tutors are all experts in their field and have been hand-picked from some of the most successful studios; Alex Williams is Head of Animation at Escape Studios; he's worked for industry giants including Disney, Dreamworks, Fox and Warner Bros, so you'll be taught by an industry expert!
- You'll also learn the latest tips and techniques used in industry today, and find out more about the skills that helped Alex succeed in his career, so you'll benefit from his expertise.
- All our courses are developed with our industry partners, some of the biggest studio’s in the world - Framestore, Cinesite and DNeg are just a few studios that not only input into our courses, but regularly visit us and partake in events such as our annual VFX Festival. Learn more about our Industry partners.
Head of Animation