Animation - courses, degrees and events
Why should I get into Animation?
The UK has some of the best animation studios in the world, some of which are our industry partners, including Blue Zoo, MPC and Passion Pictures, who compete globally to produce some of the finest character and creature animations in the world. There are a variety of departments in the Animation industry, including Storyboarding, Previsualisation, 3D Animation and more. Explore our free Industry Beginner's Guide to find out why there has never been a better time to enter the animation industry!
Choose to bring your characters to life with our Animation courses. You'll study using professional software, such as Autodesk Maya, with industry-focused training, giving you the skills you need to graduate job-ready.
Animation at Escape Studios includes courses to get you skilled in the various departments within the animation pipeline, from pre-production to post-production, including 2D Animation and 3D Animation, but also Storyboarding and Previsualisation.
Get studio ready for jobs in Storyboarding, Previsualisation, 3D Animation, Rigging and more! Check out the different career options in our free, downloadable Careers Guide.
Tune into our free webinars and online events to find out more about the world of Animation.
Next dates to be confirmed! We don't have any events in the pipeline just now but watch this space for udpates or check out our E_scape Hub for events about other disciplines, recordings of past webinars and plenty of other resources!
What makes our Animation courses and degrees unique?
- Our Animation courses cover training with industry-professional software such as Maya, Toon Boom Harmony and more.
- Our classrooms and lessons mirror a standard industry animation studio, to give you a true taste of life in the workplace.
- You'll benefit from industry feedback sessions with our industry partners, individual professionals working in the industry and our alumni, who have gone to work on some of the biggest projects in the world, including Star Wars, Avengers and Harry Potter.
- Our tutors are all experts in their field. Alex Williams, our Head of Animation, has worked for industry giants including Disney, Dreamworks, Fox and Warner Bros.
- You'll also learn the latest tips and techniques used in industry today and find out more about the skills that helped Alex succeed in his career, so you'll benefit from his expertise.
- All our courses are developed with our industry partners, some of the biggest studios in the world, including Framestore, Cinesite and PlayStation Studio London, that not only input into our course modules, but regularly visit us and partake in events such as our annual VFX Festival and online webinars. Learn more about our industry partners.
Animation Escapee success stories
Delve into our helpful guides, read our exciting blogs and check out our E_Hub to stay up to date with everything Escape!
Visit our Head of Animation, Alex Williams' blog to pick up portfolio tips, watch tutorials by our Animation Tutors and see some of our award-winning student work.
Packed with essential online learning resources and opportunities for professional development, you can continue to learn from the comfort of your own home!