Designed with industry
Our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as a selection of our 12 and 18-week short courses*, are designed in collaboration with leading industry professionals from cutting-edge studios, including DNEG, PlayStation London Studio and Framestore, through our Degree Concept Team (DCT) approach. The DCT brings together experienced industry leaders, academics and students to design degrees that are relevant to employers and up to date.
Developed with industry
To make sure that our courses stay relevant, you will be taught by tutors who are active in the industry. Some of our tutors are certified as authorised trainers on software like Unreal Engine and Houdini, others get to test the beta versions of new software, and others provide training to industry professionals who look to up-skill in a new software or technique. You will work on briefs based on real-life projects, so you really get a feel for what it’s like to work in the studios. Our degrees are also regularly reviewed and updated, with input from studio professionals and employers.
Delivered with industry
Our courses and talent development activities are delivered with and by industry-experienced tutors and studio professionals. Our tutors are well-connected and active experts in their fields. They have worked on the likes of The Lion King, the Harry Potter franchise, Black Mirror and Star Wars, and for studios including DNEG, Industrial Light & Magic, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Warner Bros, Sony and EA.
*Compositing for VFX (12 and 18 weeks), 3D for VFX (12 and 18 weeks), Animation (12 and 18 weeks), Video Game Art Production (12 and 18 weeks), Storyboarding and Previsualisation (12 and 18 weeks), Character and Creature Creation (12 and 18 weeks).
- Charlie Bayliss - Freelance VFX/CG Supervisor
- Sara Bennett - VFX Supervisor at Milk VFX
- Tom Box - Co-Founder at Blue Zoo
- Eamonn Butler - Head of Animation Division at Cinesite
- Adam Dewhirst - Head of Creature/Assets at UNIT
- Paul Franklin - Creative Director at DNEG
- Kate Gabriel - 3D Artist, Chair SIGGRAPH at The Mill
- Diarmid Harrison-Murray - Creative Director at Untold Studios
- Max Howard - CEO at Max Howard Consulting
- Phillip Hunt - Partner and Director at Studio AKA
- Louise Hussey - Executive Producer at Industrial Light & Magic