Allar is one of our Senior Compositing tutors and teaches both short courses, postgraduate and undergraduate students. He has 11 years experience working in the VFX industry and 7 years working and teaching in higher education.
After years of compositing commercials, music promos and feature films, heading the VFX editorial department at Realise Studio and developing their pipeline solutions; the childhood calling of science drove him back to continue his studies in computing and the brain. As the Short-Course/Post-Graduate Coordinator he looks after upholding the academic standards on all of our conversion Masters degrees and he is the course leader on the MA VFX Production programme.
His research interests include computer vision, natural and artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces and finding approaches to bridge the art of cognitive neurosciences with the awesomeness of visual effects.
- Digital Post Production MA from the National Film and Television School
- Computer Vision MSc, from Queen Mary University of London
- Computing & IT and Psychology BSc, from Open University
- Television Production BA, from University of Bedfordshire
What’s Allar been up to?
- 2019: Allar has been interviewed as an expert commentator on “AI in VFX” for Yahoo Movies UK, on the VFX of the season finale of “Game of Thrones” for Daily Express, and on “Future is Creative” research conducted by Atomik Research about perceptions on careers in creative industries for various radio channels including BBC.
- February 2020: Allar directed and VFX Supervised a promo for the “Great Ormond Street Hospital” and “Superhope” charity
- May 2020 – ongoing: Allar makes regular appearances in the “2Dvs3D” webinar series demonstrating different VFX tools, tips and techniques.