Blayne is Head of Talent Development at Escape Studios. Blayne originally trained as actor and drama teacher at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and graduated with honours from the University of Wales in 1998. Blayne became one of the youngest Heads of Faculty in the UK (United Kingdom) at the age of 26. There he was able to build a highly renowned Performing Arts faculty that was nationally recognised with a silver and then gold Artsmark award.
Blayne joined Pearson in 2014 leading the UK operational vocational team, supporting centres across the UK in delivering BTEC (Business and Technical Educational Council) Qualifications. During this role he led teams in both traditionally structured and matrix managed environments. In 2017, he moved into the Global Learning & Development team creating, overseeing, and assessing Pearson’s extensive L&D (Learning & Development) programs. Then in 2019, Blayne joined Pearson College initially as one of our Degree Apprentice Mentors, supporting both postgraduate and undergraduate apprentices on their programmes.
In 2020, Blayne became the Head of Talent Development for the college leading our Talent Programme, Internship Scheme and international study programme. Alongside his leadership role Blayne is the module leader for People Management and Leadership teaching Undergraduate Students at the college.
Blayne lives in Oxfordshire and is part of a musical family - having played the guitar from a young age. Blayne’s wife is Head of Music at a school in Berkshire of which Blayne is a founding member of the schools Academy Board.
RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Arranged study/internship abroad opportunities for our students in Brazil, USA and Italy.
- May - August 2022 - Lead an initiative working with Salesforce enabling our students to present their findings from the Leadership and Management module to their senior HR team.
- October 2021 - Managed our Talent Development Week which culminated in a face to face Industry Day with IBM.
- Regularly presents our monthly magazine programme: Internships On-the-Go
Areas of Interest
- Management and Leadership
- Work Integrated Learning
- Start up ventures
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion