Davi is our Head of Compositing (2D) at Escape Studios. She has worked in the industry for 15 years and worked in higher education for 6 years.
Davi has an impressive range of compositing experience and it's hard to know where to start with her credits, because she’s worked on so many iconic films. Davi was Senior Compositor on ‘The Dark Knight’, ‘Where The Wild Things Are’, ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’ and ‘Australia’. She also composited the Davy Jones character for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man’s Chest’ and the Hall of Prophecies sequence for ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’.
Last but not least, Davi was also part of the incredible teams that worked on ‘The Matrix Reloaded’ and ‘The Matrix Revolutions’. She’s worked in almost all of the major post-production houses in Soho, from Framestore to Cinesite and Double Negative, as well as US-based Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), Blue Sky Studios and Tippett Studios.
What has Davi been up to?
- January 2016 - Davi was interviewed by London Tonight about the BAFTA VFX winner and training for graduates who worked on nominated films.
- June 2016 - Attended the annual BAR’s conference on VFX & Animation and taught a Nuke Masterclass.
- August 2016 - Ran a two-day,Production level compositing masterclass for HKVFX, Malaysia.
- June 2017 - Davi was on a panel at Hula Hoop about Nurturing VFX Talent panel.
- September 2017 - Since 2017 Davi has been part of the Access VFX Career Mentoring programme