Ed Brown teaches Cinema 4D for our Motion Graphics course at Escape Studios.
Ed is a freelance CG Generalist and Motion Designer working in broadcast and entertainment visuals. He has studied video production, media studies, film and video and digital screen arts, ultimately quitting art school altogether to pursue a newfound love of animation at a small studio in Hackney. He has been freelance ever since.
Over the past decade he has made the switch from being a 2D character animator to a diehard 3D generalist, learning Cinema 4D deliberately to get motion design work: it eventually paid off, and now Ed works with a diverse list of clients around the world, on productions large and small.
Some of Ed's recent projects include:
- Full-CG environment art for West Side Story on Broadway, which won Outstanding Projection Design from the 2020 Drama Desk Awards
- Concept/background art for The Lehman Trilogy, showing in theatres in Broadway and London's West End
- Rigging 3D models of Take That for their 2019 arena tour
- Tech direction & render wrangling with Beeple for Louis Vuitton window displays
- CG Artist on the Bottega Veneta catwalk at 2020 Milan Fashion Week