Once you've applied to study one of our undergraduate programmes at Escape Studios, you’ll be invited to attend one of our exciting Creative Workshops. We’re creative people offering creative degrees, so it makes sense for us to see your creativity before you join our courses.
The Creative Workshop is the point where we get to see your portfolio and see how well you work in a team (since teamwork is such a big part of our degrees and the industry in general!)
Here are some useful tips to help you prepare
- Time: You’ll have around 10 minutes to present your portfolio to a tutor and other applicants, so bear this in mind when picking your pieces (remember, quality over quantity)
- Storytelling: Ensure your portfolio tells a story – we want to see the ‘Why’ and the ‘How’ of your portfolio journey
- Originality: We're looking to assess your suitability for the course so If it’s work you’ve collaborated with someone on, be clear what was your part in it
- Enjoy yourself: The day is more a chance for you to see if we’re the right fit for you, so try to enjoy yourself!
The group activity mirrors how you’ll learn during your degree and helps us see your ability to work with others, just as you will when working in industry. If you've attended one of our Taster Days, the Character Workshop is a really similar activity to what you'll be doing on the day. The crucial thing for us is that you have the potential to succeed and thrive on your chosen course.
Here’s what's in it for you:
- By attending, you'll automatically be considered for a full fee scholarship
- If you pass, you'll receive a tuition fee waiver
- You'll get to experience student life at Escape Studios
You'll get portfolio feedback and tips from our experienced tutors!
You'll receive an invite to a Creative Workshop after we receive your application via UCAS. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us via email@example.com or through LiveChat on the website.
See you soon!
Note: Still putting your portfolio together? Check out our Creative Portfolio Guide