Visual Effects - courses, degrees and events
Why should I get into VFX?
The UK has some of the best visual effects studios in the world, some of which are our industry partners, including DNEG, Industrial Light & Magic and Framestore. There are a variety of departments in the vfx industry, including 3D modelling, simulations, compositing and more. Explore our free Industry Beginner's Guide to find out why there has never been a better time to enter the vfx industry!
Our alumni (dubbed 'Escapees') have gone on to work for some of the biggest studios in the world and on projects such as Oscar winning The Jungle Book, Thor: Ragnarok, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Ex Machina, The Revenant, Spectre, Interstellar, Gravity and Harry Potter.
Did you know... More than 90% of the UK VFX work force is based in London?
Our courses aim to get you skilled in various departments within post-production in the visual effects industry, from 3D to compositing and finishing (2D). Our courses cover software such as Autodesk Maya, The Foundry's Nuke, SideFX Houdini and more.
Tune into our free webinars and online events to find out more about the world of VFX. Take a look at our Compositing and Finishing for VFX hub for more information about 2D in VFX.
Next dates to be confirmed! We don't have any events in the pipeline just now but watch this space for udpates or check out our E_scape Hub for events about other disciplines, recordings of past webinars and plenty of other resources!
Who will teach me?
Get taught by global expert tutors. They have worked at studios including DNEG, Walt Disney Animation, EA and Framestore and their credits include Captain America, Black Mirror and Thor: Ragnarok.
They speak at international conferences, like B’Ars (Spain) and VIEW Conference (Italy), write for an industry-recognised blog, Befores&Afters, and are authorised trainers for software like Unreal Engine, Autodesk or Houdini.
What makes our VFX courses and degrees unique?
- Our VFX courses cover training with industry-professional software such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini and more.
- Our classrooms and lessons mirror a standard industry VFX studio, to give you a true taste of life in the workplace.
- You'll benefit from industry feedback sessions with our industry partners, individual professionals working in the industry and our alumni, who have gone to work on some of the biggest projects in the world, including Star Wars, Avengers and Harry Potter.
- Our tutors are all experts in their field and have been hand-picked from some of the most successful studios; in their lessons they share tips and tricks that they've learnt during their time in industry, so you'll be taught by some of the best in the business!
- All our courses are developed with our industry partners, some of the biggest studio’s in the world - Framestore, Cinesite and Axis Studios are just a few studios that not only input into our courses, but regularly visit us and partake in events such as our annual VFX Festival.
Learn more about our Industry partners.
Delve into our helpful guides, read our exciting blogs and check out our E_Hub to stay up to date with everything Escape!
Visual Effects Blog
Visit our Visual Effects blog to get your regular dose of Visual Effects industry news and tips. Plus, view our students' showreels to see what we get up to at Escape Studios.
Packed with essential online learning resources and opportunities for professional development, you can continue to learn from the comfort of your own home!