Undergraduate Open Days
Undergraduate Open Days
Presenter(s): Escape Studios
Book your place at our September Open Day
Meet your tutors at our September Open Day
Alex Williams, Head of Animation
Alex has had over 25 years working in the animation industry, as well as 20 years experience working and teaching in higher education.
- He's worked on films including; The Lion King, Robots, The Road to El Dorado, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Iron Giant
- Alex also has his own awesome animation blog
Christian Avigni, Game Art Tutor
Christian has been teaching new creative talent for the past 6 years.
- Created assets for the racing game Formula Fusion
- He's written numerous published books about the software Unreal Engine
Mark Spevick, Head of 3D VX
Mark has over 10 years experience working in the industry and 6 years working in higher education and teaching.
- Mark has worked on every Gilliam film from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus
- He worked with the director on Zorro and Mask of Zorro
- He supervised on the set of Casino Royale
About Escape Studios
The creative world is home to one of the UK's fastest growing industries and the demand for talent is sky high. We want to help you, as part of the next generation of budding artists, explore your creative skillset and land a job on this future-proof path.
- Learn the skills you need to graduate studio-ready with one of our undergraduate degrees in Animation, Game Art and Visual Effects. You may be asking, but how?
- We've been ranked 5th best school in the world for Visual Effects and Animation Production Excellence, according to The Rookies.
- We’re also Rookies Certified School, which means you'll get access to the most up-to-date and industry-relevant training.
- Get taught by expert tutors, as part of the only Unreal Engine Authorized Training Center in the UK.
- Study within a Houdini Certified School and benefit from expertise in teaching industry software Houdini and get exclusive access to webinars and real-time feedback sessions.
On-demand Open Day
Discover Escape Studios and access content whenever suits you. This page is bursting with resources:
- Find out more about our links with industry
- See what our current students have been working on
- Hear from our alumni
- Virtually take a tour of our campus
- Watch videos to discover top tips for your portfolio