MA 3D Animation
Master the art of 3D Animation
This postgraduate qualification is designed for students that want to take their computer animation skills to the highest level.
During the first 18 weeks you’ll learn your craft from the comfort of your home and master advanced practises, such as creature interaction, dialogue and lipsync. You will then put your skills to test by working on two industry standard projects, creating high quality animations that can form part of your showreel.
At the end of the degree you will have earned a postgraduate qualification, have a showreel of computer animation work, a thorough understanding of the animation/vfx industry and the skills and connections to kick-start your creative career.
Our Head of Animation, Alex Williams, has developed the MA 3D Animation programme, bringing his experience from working at leading studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros and Sony. The course will be led by Alex with guest lectures from animation professionals working in the industry.
- Location: London Campus or Online
- Start dates: 25 September 2020
- Tuition fees:
London Campus: £17,995
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree with a significant component in the field of animation or related discipline.
Meet our tutors
Alex is a cartoonist and animator whose film credits include Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, the three latest Harry Potter films, and The Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many Studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros, and Sony.
Alex is currently the Head of Animation at Escape Studios in London, and is the founder of the online animation school, animationapprentice.org. He also draws the weekly cartoon strip Queen's Counsel which appears on Thursdays in The Times.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career