MA Character & Creature Creation
Master the art of character and creature creation
This postgraduate qualification is designed for students who want to learn how to master the pipeline for the creation of characters and creatures.
This MA course will teach you how to design and create your own characters and creatures, and bring them to life. Over the course of the programme, you will learn how to design, model, texture, rig and animate your own characters.
At the end of the course, you will have earned a postgraduate qualification, have a showreel of character and creature creation work, a thorough understanding of the animation and VFX industry, as well as the skills and connections to kick-start your creative career.
You will be encouraged to apply for a position as a CG Generalist or Character Artist within a studio, providing a "one stop shop" for the design and creation of characters and creatures.
Subject to validation
- Location: London Campus or Live Online
- Start date: September 2021 (subject to validation)
- Tuition Fees:
London Campus: £17,995
Live Online: £15,450
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree with a significant component in the field of animation or a related discipline
Meet our tutors
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Blue Zoo, Framestore, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career