MA Game Art
Learn from professionals, create your own game and achieve a masters degree.
Our MA degree packs in all the content from our popular 18 week course but takes students to the next level with a collaborative group project that will get you working like a real studio. You’ll create lifelong connections, graduate with a killer showreel and achieve a postgraduate degree that is validated by The University of Kent.
We created this degree as a response to industry demand for new creative talent. You'll create environments, assets, lighting and game FX for mobile or console development. We also teach students about the industry itself, so you have an understanding of current and emerging business models. We work with an Advisory Board of industry professionals to keep the content relevant, we partner with leading studios on each course and we have regular industry events and talks so you hear directly from successful Game Artists.
- Location: London Campus
- Start dates:
25 September 2020
- Tuition fees: £17,995
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree in Art and Design, Architecture, Computing or Engineering-related subjects.
Meet our tutors
Simon is a Digital Artist with 22 years experience working in video games and computer graphics.
He joined the team at Escape Studios in 2008, now the Head of Games, he leads the Games Art courses. After graduating from a Fine Art background, Simon joined Bits Studios and later moved on to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for 10 years, designing and creating environments, characters and leading teams at a senior level.
He worked in senior lead roles on nine published titles including Total NBA ’97, This is Football, Getaway, Black Monday, Kinetic, Kinetic Combat and Sony Playstation Home. During his career he has also created bespoke courses for corporate clients in the video games and TV sectors such as Rare, Big Big Studios and the BBC.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career