MA Storyboarding and Previsualisation
Reveal your inner visual organiser
The past decade has seen a rapid expansion in the creation of film, television, interactive entertainment and computer games. Hardly any piece of digital media is produced today that has not at some time been visualised by a Storyboard Artist or Previs Artist using a combination of traditional tools, such as storyboards, and modern digital tools, such as previsualisation software.
The need for well-qualified professionals to take a lead in developing and exploiting traditional skills such as drawing, and combining these with new computer graphics technologies, will continue to grow. That’s where our new MA comes in, by giving you the skills and knowledge to take a leading role in this in-demand field.
You’ll study the ins and outs of traditional and modern storyboarding and previsualisation techniques, from character design and performance to editing techniques, to cinematography and sound design.
The course has been developed with industry professionals and is taught by industry-experienced tutors. Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our daytime courses so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro. For our September 2019 intake, professionals from previsusalisation studio The Third Floor and animation studio Blue Zoo will be giving feedback on your work.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start date: 30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £17,995
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree in the field of animation or related discipline, with a background in Art or Computer Graphics
Industry feedback by
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive industry feedback sessions, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career