MA Storyboarding and Previsualisation
Reveal your inner visual organiser
The past decade has seen a rapid expansion in the creation of film, television, interactive entertainment and computer games. Hardly any piece of digital media is produced today that has not at some time been visualised by a Storyboard Artist or Previs Artist using a combination of traditional tools, such as storyboards, and modern digital tools, such as previsualisation software.
The need for well-qualified professionals to take a lead in developing and exploiting traditional skills such as drawing, and combining these with new computer graphics technologies, will continue to grow. That’s where our new MA comes in, by giving you the skills and knowledge to take a leading role in this in-demand field.
You’ll study the ins and outs of traditional and modern storyboarding and previsualisation techniques, from character design and performance to editing techniques, to cinematography and sound design.
The course has been developed with industry professionals and is taught by industry-experienced tutors. Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our daytime courses so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start date: 28 September 2020
- Tuition fees: £17,995
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree in the field of animation or related discipline, with a background in Art or Computer Graphics
Meet our tutors
Iliana is our Storyboarding and Previsualisation tutor and also the Art Director at Mediaframe Ltd. With over 30 years in the animation industry, she has worked on various TV shows including “Hungarian Folk Tales”(1992-1996), “Carland Cross” (1996), and some feature film projects including “A Monkey’s Tale” (1999) and “The Princess and the Pea” (2002).
Iliana has a BA in Animation from Krastyo Sarafov National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts and an MPhil in Arts and Media from University for the Creative Arts.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career