MA Visual Effects Production (3D)
Master the art of 3D VFX and take your skills to the highest level with our postgraduate course.
The MA Visual Effects Production (3D) programme is designed to give you both the practical training and a globally recognised postgraduate qualification.
You’ll study at our state of the art studios for 18 weeks, understanding the key 3D modules and advancing your skills exploring techniques such as particle movement, hair and fluids. The remainder of the course is working on two major projects, where you will apply the techniques you have learnt to a brief. You will receive regular contact with your tutors and have two great resources to add to your showreel.
We work with industry professionals to keep our courses relevant. We partner with leading studios on all of our daytime courses (full-time) and we have regular industry events and talks so you hear directly from successful VFX Artists.
Our talented 3D tutors have worked within the industry so you get to learn from the inside out! Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our postgraduate courses so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £17,995
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree in Art and Design, Architecture, Computing or Engineering-related subjects.
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house DNEG.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career