MA Visual Effects Production (Compositing)
Take your skills to the highest level and become the master of Compositing with our postgraduate course.
The MA Visual Effects Production (Compositing) programme is designed to give you both practical training and a globally recognised postgraduate qualification.
You’ll study at our state of the art studios for 18 weeks, learning how to use 2D tools, exploring stereoscopic compositing and understanding how 2D and 3D VFX integrate. The remainder of the course is working on two major projects, where you will apply the techniques you have learnt to a brief. You will receive regular contact with your tutors and have two great resources that will act as a visual CV for future employers.
Studios are crying out for skilled compositors. We will help you stand out from the crowd with a Masters qualification validated by the University of Kent, a portfolio of advanced work and the technical skills you need to get hired.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates:
25 February 2019
5 July 2019
- Tuition fees: £17,995
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 1 year
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate honours degree in Art and Design, Architecture, Computing or Engineering-related subjects.
Meet our tutors
A lot of Allar's life has been spent staring at computer monitors trying to figure out what's really going on. With a background in shooting news for TV and projecting films he found his way to the world of VFX through the Digital Post Production MA from the National Film and Television School.
After years of compositing commercials, music promos and feature films in Nuke and Flame, heading the VFX editorial department at Realise Studio and developing their pipeline solutions, the childhood calling of science drove him back to continue his studies in computing and the brains.
His research interests include computer vision, natural and artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces and finding approaches to bridge the art of cognitive neurosciences with the awesomeness of visual effects.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive industry feedback sessions, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career