About this degree
By the end of the course you'll be fully exam qualified with ACCA, so this course is designed to develop future leaders in finance.
Are you interested in becoming a financial leader of tomorrow?
The MSc Financial Leadership enables part exam qualified accountants (who have already passed ACCA modules F1-F9) to become fully exam qualified. It will also allow you to gain some of the emerging and contemporary skills required by employers for example, predictive analytics, digital decision-making, advanced risk management and innovation.
This master’s programme has been developed to offer you more than just technical accounting and finance. It also will help to prepare you to become a financial leader of tomorrow. The MSc Financial Leadership provides you with the contemporary professional and technical skills required to lead in finance teams. You’ll develop a broad set of skills and knowledge required by modern finance professionals in business.
You’ll learn from leading academics and professionals, through industry-led workshops, guest lectures, internships as well as traditional lectures and seminars. This will provide you the perfect balance of academic theory and hands-on experience, to give you a practical grounding in accounting as well as a solid foundation of business knowledge.
Top reasons to choose this degree
- To become fully exam qualified with one the largest global professional bodies.
- You will learn real business and leadership skills to complement your accounting expertise including communications, innovation, risk management, analytics and knowledge in emerging business areas.
- We offer a personalised approach to learning, in order to develop your skills to match your career goals and interest.
- You'll benefit from a simulated environment which will develop your collaborative, technological and leadership skills working across a range of business functions.
- You'll graduate career-ready with a masters qualification.
You'll graduate with a degree from the University of Kent. Known as the UK’s European University, the University of Kent is ranked 23rd in The Guardian University Guide 2017, it is also ranked 17th in the UK for research intensity out of 122 multi-faculty universities in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) and has the fifth equal highest score for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2015, out of 115 multi-faculty institutions. It has also been voted one of the top five universities for teaching in the UK, according to the Times Higher Education (THE).
What you'll learn
You’ll have core and optional modules to build skills in areas of interest to you:
You’ll study two core modules worth 90 credits:
- Strategic Leadership (60 credits)
- Advanced Corporate Reporting (30 credits)
You can then select 60 credits from the following four technical modules:
- Strategic Financial Management (30 credits)
- Strategic Performance Management (30 credits)
- Strategic Tax Planning and Advice (UK) (30 credits)
- Leading Assurance Engagements (30 credits)
You can then select 30 credits from the following five modules:
- Contemporary Project (30 credits)
- Data & Predictive Analytics (15 credits)
- Advanced Risk & Digital Decision-Making (15 credits)
- Leading & Managing Change (15 credits)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship (15 credits)
How will your work be assessed?
We use a range of methods, designed to reflect the kind of activities you may be asked to do in the workplace, either individually or as part of a team. For example, coursework, report writing, data analysis, preparing strategies and problem solving business cases and presentations. You’ll also sit exams in some modules, the core modules of this programme will be assessed by the ACCA P2 exams.
Designed by industry
We have worked with a range of industry partners including Lloyds of London and Unilever whilst designing and developing our Business degree programmes, and we have also worked with senior professionals from Santander, IBM, and professional bodies such as ACCA in the design and delivery of our Accounting degrees.
Fees and funding
Our postgraduate fees are payable at the beginning of each academic year, or at each stage of your programme. Please note, we review our fees every year. The fees quoted are for students commencing the programme in September 2016.
Onsite Money Advice
Our Student Finance Manager is on hand to answer all your questions and help you with money matters, to make sure you're time as a student here goes as smoothly as possible.
Candidates should have passed an accredited programme by the ACCA that provides exemption from ACCA papers F1-F9, and successfully pass an interview.
English language requirements
Students who do not have English as a first language will need to demonstrate their proficiency with appropriate qualifications or evidence of having been taught English previously. Typical English Language Level: Average 6.5 IELTs, minimum 6.0 reading and writing or Pearson Test of English 61 overall, with reading and writing 54 and no other sub score lower than 51.
- UCAS CODE
- INSTITUTION CODE
Pearson Business School MidTown
- COURSE START DATES
- TUITION FEES
£10,000 p.a. (FT)
- MODE OF STUDY
Full time (FT) and part time (PT)
- PROGRAMME DURATION