2D Animation with Toon Boom Harmony (12 weeks)
Master the industry’s favourite 2D animation software: Toon Boom Harmony
2D Animation with Toon Boom Harmony is a 12-week classroom introduction to the basics of locomotion and mechanics in animation. This course is aimed at current Animators wanting to acquire 2D software skills. You will learn the basics of 2D Animation using the industry’s favourite platform, Toon Boom Harmony. No prior knowledge of the software is required.
Many studios in the UK are actively looking to recruit Toon Boom Harmony Animators. Our course will get you studio ready in 12 weeks. You will begin by learning the basics of locomotion and mechanics, learn character performance, and finally, develop a portfolio to showcase your work.
The course has been developed by our Head of Animation and industry veteran, Alex Williams.
- This is a practical class focusing on industry-focused outcomes and taught by working professionals in the field.
- This course will enable students to learn the basics of 2D animation, starting with no prior knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony. We keep our class sizes small so you’ll get plenty of 1-2-1 time with your tutor.
- You’ll be taught by industry professionals who know what skills and experience are required in the animation industry, teaching you real-world tips and tricks.
- DNEG Animation will be our main industry partner for this course and will provide feedback on your work as well as industry-focused insights.
- Over the duration of the course, you’ll work on projects based on briefs given by industry professionals.
- Week 1 - Introduction and assessment
- Week 2 - Animation basics
- Week 3 - Basic rigging and vectorizing
- Week 4 - Animation with rig, starting up
- Week 5 - Animation with rig, walk cycle
- Week 6 - Animation with rig, acting
- Week 7 - Advanced character animation
- Week 8 - Animation reel groundwork
- Week 9 - Animation reel work and feedback (1st pass)
- Week 10 - Animation reel work and feedback (2nd pass)
- Week 11 - Basic comping
- Week 12 - Animation reel work polish and feedback
We welcome and encourage applications from students with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
To study this short course, you must:
- Be over 18
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Feel comfortable using a computer
Contact our Admissions team on email@example.com for any questions regarding international applications and visas.
To apply, or if you have any questions about your application or our entry requirements, you can:
- Call our Admissions Advisors on +44 (0)203 441 1303
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach us on LiveChat on Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Following your application, you will need to agree to our terms and conditions before your place on the course can be secured.
2D animation is everywhere these days - especially in TV which has been revolutionised in recent years by changes in the way audiences consume TV, most notably the boom of series productions. This course will introduce you to the techniques of 2D animation, and have you studio ready for a 2D Animator role.
We offer a range of payment plan options for all courses, including up to five instalments following the initial deposit. Depending on the length of the course, we ask that the initial deposit be paid when registering for the course, and the final payment prior to the end date of the course.
Following the deposit, your chosen payment plan will break down your remaining instalments equally. Please speak to a member of our Admissions team on +44 (0)203 441 1303 or email@example.com to determine the dates of those payments.
Contact our Finance team to discuss your options on +44 (0)203 441 1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding for international students
We recommend you visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs website. The Council doesn’t provide funding directly, but it will give you all the information you need about studying and living in the UK, including visas and funding.
We do our best to find funding solutions for overseas students. For example:
- If you’re from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Burma, you may be able to get funding from the Charles Wallace Trust, to help towards your living costs and educational development in the UK. Find out more at wallace-trusts.org.uk.
Get in touch
We can help with any problems or questions you have with course fees and funding. Speak to one of our Applicant Advisors via phone or email today! Call us on +44 (0)203 441 1303 or email email@example.com.
Meet our tutors
Our tutors have all sculpted their own careers in successful studios in the industry and are now sharing their expertise in the classroom. Packed with everything from Thor: Ragnarok, Black Mirror and Black Panther to the original Lion King and multiple PlayStation titles, their CVs don't get much cooler! They know exactly what skills you need – teaching you real-world tips and tricks, as well as the latest industry software and techniques to kick-start your career.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX, Games and Animation studios including Industrial Light & Magic, Framestore, Blue Zoo, MPC, Jellyfish Pictures, PlayStation London Studio and Creative Assembly and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios alumni (Escapees) can be found working at a variety of studios including Pixar, MPC, Industrial Light & Magic, DNEG, Rockstar Games and Electric Theatre Collective.
Find out more about our industry partners.
Why Escape Studios?
Learn industry-relevant techniques from the experts, in a studio-like environment.
- Studio-experienced tutors. Our tutors have worked at studios including DNEG, Walt Disney Animation, EA, Rebellion and Framestore and their credits include Captain America, Black Mirror and Bond: Spectre. They speak at international conferences, like B’Ars (Spain) and VIEW Conference (Italy), write for industry-recognised blog Befores&Afters, and are authorised trainers for software like UnrealEngine, Autodesk or Houdini.
- Industry-standard facilities. Our central London campus is surrounded by world-leading studios and fully equipped with high-end hardware and the latest software.
- Industry partners. Our studio partners, including DNEG, Framestore and PlayStation London Studio, help design and develop our courses to make sure that what we teach is relevant to the current industry practices. You’ll also have access to events and webinars ran by our Student Experience team with industry speakers.