2D Animation with Toon Boom Harmony (Evening - 8 weeks)
Animators, it’s time to take it to the next level
2D Animation with Toon Boom Harmony is an 8 week classroom introduction to the basics of locomotion and mechanics in animation. This course is aimed at current animators wanting to acquire 2D software skills. This course will enable students to learn the basics of 2D animation using Toon Boom Harmony, no prior knowledge of the software is required.
You will be expected to attend an evening class one night a week, and will be set simple projects to do in-class. You will also have the opportunity to develop your portfolio or demo reel ensuring you are studio ready on completion of the course!
The course has been developed by our Head of Animation, Alex Williams, in response to demand for skilled 2D animators on the market.
You'll also have the opportunity to receive feedback from industry professionals on your work and to hear from experts as Animators from Blue Zoo will provide feedback and support to students on this course.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates:
3 September 2019
18 March 2020
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time (Tuesday evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Plamen Ananiev is an experienced 2D Animator, having worked for studios such as Karrot Animation, Studio Redfrog, Salty Dog Pictures and Aardman Animation. He is currently working on the award winning series Simon’s Cat in London. Plamen is an expert in Toon Boom Harmony.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career