3D for Visual Effects (12 weeks)
Our longest running and most popular course just keeps getting better!
Do you want to kick-start your career in VFX? This course is the perfect foundation for those with no previous experience but who are passionate about VFX.
It's highly interactive and intensive and will equip you with the skills required to succeed. You'll learn how to use software such as Maya, Photoshop, Mudbox and 3D Equalizer, along with key techniques such as modelling, texturing, lighting and shading.
What's more you'll get the chance to work on hands-on projects and problem-solving challenges, you’ll learn the latest 3D software and techniques required by industry.
Our talented 3D tutors have worked within the industry so you get to learn from the inside out! Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our daytime courses (full-time) so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 17 February 2020
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house DNEG.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career