3D for Visual Effects (12 weeks)
Our longest running and most popular course just keeps getting better!
Do you want to kick-start your career in VFX? This course is the perfect foundation for those with no previous experience but who are passionate about VFX.
It's highly interactive and intensive and will equip you with the skills required to succeed. You'll learn how to use software such as Maya, Photoshop, Mudbox and 3D Equalizer, along with key techniques such as modelling, texturing, lighting and shading.
What's more you'll get the chance to work on hands-on projects and problem-solving challenges, you’ll learn the latest 3D software and techniques required by industry.
Our talented 3D tutors have worked within the industry so you get to learn from the inside out! Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our daytime courses (full-time) so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates:
23 May 2019
30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house Double Negative.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career