Advanced 3D for Visual Effects (18 weeks)
Dive into the detail and take your VFX knowledge to the next level!
With our Advanced 3D for VFX course you will learn the same skills as our 12 weeks course but in more depth and detail, resulting in a more comprehensive skillset and a more detailed showreel.
You’ll start by sharpening your core 3D skills to give you a thorough technical understanding of software and principles, before moving on to more complex techniques of particle movement, hair, fur and more. Plus, we partner with an industry expert on all of our full-time courses so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
Our tutors are top industry professionals, so you’ll be taught by the best in the business whether you’re a 3D artist looking to develop a career in VFX, a 2D VFX artist wanting to move into 3D or a VFX graduate preparing for the competitive VFX job market. This course will also suit students from a creative or technical background, keen to change career and get into VFX.
- Location: MidTown campus
- Start dates:
1 October 2018 (Fees: £15,495)*
25 February 2019 (Fees: £15,950)*
- Tuition fees:
*See fees next to the start dates above. (Beat the price rise: book a 2018 course).
- Mode of study: Full time
- Programme duration: 18 weeks
- Entry requirements: You must be over 18 and have a good understanding of written and spoken English, and feel comfortable using a computer.
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house Double Negative.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career