3D Foundation Part-time (Evening)
Interested in exploring the world of 3D VFX? Learn the basics with this course for beginners.
This course is perfect for anyone with a passion for VFX, whether you’re a hobbyist or looking for your first big break into the VFX industry. You’ll learn real-world VFX production skills and will gain a comprehensive foundation in 3D modelling, texturing and lighting inside Autodesk Maya.
This course is part-time study allowing you to fit around your day job or other commitments.Through step-by-step tuition and genuine production examples, we’ll introduce you to Autodesk Maya, including its capabilities, workflows, interface and the key 3D techniques you’ll need to become a 3D professional.
After completing 3D Foundation, you’ll be eligible to advance your 3D skills and enrol on our 3D for Visual Effects Intermediate part-time evening course.
- LOCATION: West campus
- START DATES:
08 January 2018
11 June 2018
- TUITION FEES: £4,750
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Evenings: Mon and Wed 7-10pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 30 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house Double Negative.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career