Acting for Animators (Evening - 8 weeks)
Animators, get your act together
Acting for Animators is an 8 week classroom introduction to the art and craft of acting, with a specific focus on the tools that animators need to bring characters and creatures to life.
It is aimed at working, or recently trained animators who want to improve their acting skills and find the tools to make better acting choices in their work. Students will be expected to attend an evening class one night a week, and will be set simple projects to do in-class, and slightly more complex ones to complete by the following week.
The course has been developed by our Head of Animation, Alex Williams, together with actor, movement and acting coach Sarah Perry, in response to demand from professional animators seeking to develop their acting skills.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates: 18th February
- Tuition fees: £495
- Mode of study: Part time (Monday evenings 7-10pm)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Alex Williams, Head of Animation at Escape Studios, is a cartoonist and animator whose film credits include Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, the three latest Harry Potter films, and The Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros and Sony.
Sarah Perry is a classically-trained actor who founded Shapes in Motion, offering a movement and acting coaching service. She is one of the leading experts in teaching acting to animators in the UK.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career