Acting for Animators (Evening - 8 weeks)
Animators, get your act together
Acting for Animators is an 8 week classroom introduction to the art and craft of acting, with a specific focus on the tools that animators need to bring characters and creatures to life.
It is aimed at working, or recently trained animators who want to improve their acting skills and find the tools to make better acting choices in their work. Students will be expected to attend an evening class one night a week, and will be set simple projects to do in-class, and slightly more complex ones to complete by the following week.
The course has been developed by our Head of Animation, Alex Williams, together with actor, movement and acting coach Sarah Perry, in response to demand from professional animators seeking to develop their acting skills.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £495
- Mode of study: Part time (Monday evenings 7-10pm)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career