Advanced Compositing for Visual Effects (18 weeks)
Take your comp skills to a more technical level with this 18 week course. If you're serious about breaking into the industry - go advanced!
This is our most popular 2D course and it’s easy to see why. In just 18 weeks, you not only learn how to use 2D tools but you also get to grips with the calculations behind them. You study the content of the 12 week compositing course and then move onto 6 weeks of advanced study, exploring stereoscopic compositing and understanding how 2D and 3D integrate.
Studios are crying out for skilled compositors and we’ve packed this course with the essential and technical skills you need to get hired. You will have more time to perfect your showreel so you can apply for entry-level compositing jobs, such as a rotoscoping and prep artist. We've been teaching compositing at Escape Studios since 2002 and we’ve helped thousands of students break into the industry.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £15,950
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 18 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
A lot of Allar's life has been spent staring at computer monitors trying to figure out what's really going on. With a background in shooting news for TV and projecting films he found his way to the world of VFX through the Digital Post Production MA from the National Film and Television School.
After years of compositing commercials, music promos and feature films in Nuke and Flame, heading the VFX editorial department at Realise Studio and developing their pipeline solutions, the childhood calling of science drove him back to continue his studies in computing and the brains.
His research interests include computer vision, natural and artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces and finding approaches to bridge the art of cognitive neurosciences with the awesomeness of visual effects.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career