Advanced Compositing for Visual Effects (18 weeks)
Take your comp skills to a more technical level with this 18 week course. If you're serious about breaking into the industry - go advanced!
This is our most popular 2D course and it’s easy to see why. In just 18 weeks, you not only learn how to use 2D tools but you also get to grips with the principles behind them. You study the content of the intensive 12 week compositing course and then move onto 6 weeks of advanced study, exploring the latest technological advances in compositing and understanding how 2D and 3D integrate.
Studios are crying out for skilled compositors and we’ve packed this course with the artistic and technical skills you need to get hired. During the advanced 6 weeks of the course you will keep finessing the additional artistic techniques that are used by the high-end compositors. You get foundation to customising Nuke and developing pipelines if you are more interested in the technical roles (TD, RnD). You will also learn an introduction to managerial skills useful for sequence leads and supervisors if that is the direction you may choose to take a couple of years after the course.
Our tutors are top industry professionals, so you’ll be taught by the best in the business. Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our daytime courses (full-time) so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
We've been teaching compositing at Escape Studios since 2002 and we’ve helped thousands of students break into the industry.
- Location: London Campus
- Start dates:
25 September 2020
- Tuition fees: £15,950
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 18 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
A lot of Allar's life has been spent staring at computer monitors trying to figure out what's really going on. With a background in shooting news for TV and projecting films he found his way to the world of VFX through the Digital Post Production MA from the National Film and Television School.
After years of compositing commercials, music promos and feature films in Nuke and Flame, heading the VFX editorial department at Realise Studio and developing their pipeline solutions, the childhood calling of science drove him back to continue his studies in computing and the brains.
His research interests include computer vision, natural and artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces and finding approaches to bridge the art of cognitive neurosciences with the awesomeness of visual effects.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career