Animation (12 weeks)
Master the key techniques, software and skills required to become an animation artist.
Animation is one of our most popular courses and we constantly supply exciting new talent to the industry. This course is designed to ensure you leave studio ready in just 12 intensive weeks!
This course is suitable for anyone looking to break into the industry. Throughout your 12 weeks of studio-based tuition you will learn to master the key techniques, software and skills required to become an animation artist. Following this, students are set a project and submit weekly progress updates for feedback during an additional three month period.
Head of Animation - Alex Williams designed this course with industry professionals to ensure the course is industry led and relevant. Alex’s film credits include Who framed Roger Rabbit, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, Harry potter and the Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros and Sony. Plus, we work with industry professionals on all of our daytime courses (full-time) so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors
Alex is a cartoonist and animator whose film credits include Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, the three latest Harry Potter films, and The Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many Studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros, and Sony.
Alex is currently the Head of Animation at Escape Studios in London, and is the founder of the online animation school, animationapprentice.org. He also draws the weekly cartoon strip Queen's Counsel which appears on Thursdays in The Times.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career