Animation (12 weeks)
Master the key techniques, software and skills required to become an animation artist.
Animation is one of our most popular courses and we constantly supply exciting new talent to the industry. This course is designed to ensure you leave studio ready in just 12 intensive weeks!
This course is suitable for anyone looking to break into the industry. Throughout your 12 weeks of studio-based tuition you will learn to master the key techniques, software and skills required to become an animation artist. Following this, students are set a project and submit weekly progress updates for feedback during an additional three month period. To top if off, an Artist from The Third Floor Visualization will attend at least one of your classes to provide professional feedback so you can learn directly from the pros.
Head of Animation - Alex Williams designed this course with industry professionals to ensure the course is industry led and relevant. Alex’s film credits include Who framed Roger Rabbit, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, Harry potter and the Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros and Sony.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Alex is a cartoonist and animator whose film credits include Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, the three latest Harry Potter films, and The Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many Studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros, and Sony.
Alex is currently the Head of Animation at Escape Studios in London, and is the founder of the online animation school, animationapprentice.org. He also draws the weekly cartoon strip Queen's Counsel which appears on Thursdays in The Times.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career