Animation Production (Evening - 8 weeks)
Interested in taking the next Animation project from start to finish?
This is an entirely new course, focused on the nuts and bolts of producing animated content, and designed (like all our courses) with practical outcomes in mind. Animation producers play an important role in any project, offering the studios services to the client and working closely with internal teams.
You might be a producer trying to get an indie production off the ground, or an employee of a production company looking to broaden your skills. In eight weeks, this course will provide you the practical know how to make your project investable and achievable in the real world.
You'll gain the core skills you need to own the production process, from understanding the animation pipeline, pitching for the project, to managing a team and keeping to essential budgets and timelines.
The course is designed and led by industry professionals. In particular, Producer Bob Thompson brings his experience of producing independent animated films such as the Bionicle series and Ultramarines.
- LOCATION: Midtown campus
- START DATES: TBC
- TUITION FEES: TBC
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Tuesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 8 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Bob is our Animation Production tutor at Escape Studios. As a Producer, he combines commercial, technical and creative experience. A veteran of the BBC and former Head of Film for LEGO. Bob has developed and produced four CGI animated movies and has worked on 3D attractions, television shows, toys, games and theme park rides.
He's also the founder of Good Story Productions who provide creative development, production, VFX and Post Production services & facilities for Film and other media.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career