2D Animation with CelAction (Evening - 8 weeks)
Get to grips with the software for 2D animation.
2D Animation with CelAction is an 8 week course designed to benefit practicing Animators to level up their careers. CelAction is one of the need-to-know softwares for professional Animators: this is a chance to become proficient in one of the world's most powerful 2D animation tools.
You’ll be taught and mentored by established professionals from the world of animation. In just 8 weeks you’ll get to grips with basic locomotion and mechanic techniques and will be able to build a quality showreel to demonstrate your new-found skills to employers from leading animation studios.
Equip yourself with in-demand 2D animation skills to help take you to the next step in your creative career. This course offers you the unique opportunity to learn 2D animation once a week in the evenings whilst keeping your daytime hours free for work and family. Plus, we work with industry professionals so you'll hear directly from someone who's working in the industry and get feedback on your work from a pro. For our October 2019 intake, an expert from Tiger Aspect will be giving feedback on your work.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 21 October 2019
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Evening (part-time)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
This course will be taught by Steve Edge from Tiger Aspect Productions. Steve is an Escapee, he followed the Maya animation course at Escape Studios in 2008. Since then, he’s established himself as a Director and has worked on films including Shaun the Sheep, Wallace & Gromit and Mr Bean.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of studios including Framestore, The Mill, Blue Zoo, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career