Applied Customer Experience - 9 week course (part-time)
Accelerate business results by taking your customer experience career to the next level with greater emotional intelligence
Customer Experience is both the fastest growing business discipline in the world and the most misunderstood topic with dozens of definitions and ‘best practice’ recommendations that constantly seem to contradict each other.
This nine-week Applied Customer Experience and Emotional Intelligence course separates myths from reality, gives participants practical skills as well as validated know-how. It prepares them to succeed in this game-changing industry through a reputable and highly valuable course that is becoming increasingly recognised by leading employers and participants are awarded a Professional Certificate from Pearson Business School on successful completion.
What makes Applied Customer Experience & Emotional Intelligence stand out?
Doing away with anecdotes, guesswork and blatant self-promotion, the course is designed with extreme rigour to ensure you can unlock the value of great customer experiences and reap its rewards.
At the core of this programme are five key fundamental principles that makes it truly unique:
- It’s based on robust, reliable and cutting-edge academic research including psychology, neuroscience, behavioural science and behavioural economics;
- Each week comprises two learning experiences so that participants can grasp the theory and the practical application of ideas in their workplace. Key learning material is shared with participant seven days before a facilitated Q&A session on Thursday evenings UK time. All sessions are recorded so that you can go at your own speed if you wish.
- These Saturday sessions are optional and attendance on the weekend is not a requirement to complete this course. All sessions are recorded so that you can go at your own speed if you wish.
- With contributions and talks from senior customer experience leaders [and CX authors] sharing their insights and proven path to CX excellence;
- Immersive sessions with behavioural scientists and psychologists to really bring it all to life, keeping human behaviour front and centre
- Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded with the Pearson Business School Professional Certificate in Applied Customer Experience and Emotional Intelligence.
Why study Customer Experience and Emotional Intelligence?
Customer Experience is seen as a key priority for CEOs all over the globe. At the same time, there is a widening gap between the high quality of experiences businesses believe they deliver and the low rating customers attach to them – that gap represents a significant growth opportunity for businesses who are willing to invest in customer experience as a sustainable and high-growth business strategy.As customer experience is too often allocated a budget that is disproportionately low compared to its ambitions and importance, the tolerance for underperformance is extremely low, with the average tenure of a Chief Customer Officer being less than 2½* years (*Chief Customer Council, 2017).
In such a challenging context, the last thing you want to do is put your customer-centric role at the mercy of guesswork and anecdotes for the sake of nine-week course – your career deserves so much more: this course has been designed to give you the know-how and confidence to make a sustainable difference!
What’s more you’ll be learning how to adopt the skills of Emotional Intelligence (EI) in your work. Your tutor, Sandra Thompson is the first certified Goleman Emotional Intelligence coach in the UK and she will be taking you through a series of exercises to help you grow your EI. Sandra will also share the knowledge and experience she has gained from being a student of the Goleman faculty and Dr. Daniel Goleman.
- Location: Online
- Dates: Thursday 22nd April 2021. Email email@example.com to book your place.
- Tuition fees: £995. Early bird: £910 (Book before 5th April to qualify).
- Mode of study: Nine classes at 6:30PM
- Programme duration: 9 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over and a good understanding of written and spoken English
What our students think...
Arrange a call
Please call 07896561001 or email the course leader firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to book? Email email@example.com
Read our CX Blog
Find out what our tutors and current students have to say about the course.
Meet your tutor
Sandra Thompson is a published consultant, lecturer, course leader and trainer in the field of customer experience and emotional intelligence. Her company, Exceed all Expectations, a CX consultancy, has worked with brands like Waitrose, Arsenal Football Club, Aldermore Bank, Network Rail and Vodafone.
Sandra has a masters degree in Strategic Communications from the University of Greenwich, she published an academic paper on Emotional Intelligence and Customer Experience and is the UK’s first Emotional Intelligence Coach trained by Dr. Daniel Goleman and his faculty.
Sandra lectures part-time in the topics of people management and leadership, professional behaviors and customer management at Pearson Business School.