Character Creation (12 weeks)
Visualise your own character designs and bring them to life
Over 12 weeks of evening classes, you’ll design, model, texture, rig and animate your own character. Everything you need to bring your character ideas to life!
You’ll explore different character design techniques, create 3D models using Maya and then paint and texture your character to give it a distinct look. Finally, you’ll breathe life into your creation through rigging and animation.
This course is jampacked but is designed for beginners - to take you through every stage of the process. We use automated processes within Maya to simplify the workflow so everyone is able to create a character within 12 weeks.
- LOCATION: West campus
- START DATES: 7 March 2018
- TUITION FEES: £1,500
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 12 weeks (Wednesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Alex is a cartoonist and animator whose film credits include Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, The Iron Giant, the three latest Harry Potter films, and The Chronicles of Narnia. He has worked for many Studios including Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, Warner Bros, and Sony.
Alex is currently the Head of Animation at Escape Studios in London, and is the founder of the online animation school, animationapprentice.org. He also draws the weekly cartoon strip Queen's Counsel which appears on Thursdays in The Times.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career