Character Creation (Evening - 12 weeks)
Visualise your own character designs and bring them to life
Over 12 weeks of evening classes, you’ll design, model, texture, rig and animate your own character. Everything you need to bring your character ideas to life!
You’ll explore different character design techniques, create 3D models using Maya and then paint and texture your character to give it a distinct look. Finally, you’ll breathe life into your creation through rigging and animation.
This course is jampacked but is designed for beginners - to take you through every stage of the process. We use automated processes within Maya to simplify the workflow so everyone is able to create a character within 12 weeks.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates: 5 November 2018
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time
- Programme duration: 12 weeks (Monday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Philip is a Games Art Tutor at Escape Studios with over 10 years’ experience working in video games and computer graphics.
He worked with some of the most successful games studios in the UK including EA, Jagex, Rebellion and Climax, and has released thirteen video games including, Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Runescape, Overlord and released his own game for iOS called Dead on Sight.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career