Character Creation for Games and VFX (Evening - 18 weeks)
Visualise your own character designs and bring them to life
Over 18 weeks of evening classes, you’ll design, model, texture and pose your own character. Everything you need to bring your character ideas to life!
This course will allow you to explore different character design techniques, create 3D models using Maya and ZBrush and then paint and texture your character to give it a distinct look. This course is jam-packed but is designed for beginners - to take you through every stage of the process.
There will be a focus on creating characters for visual effects and video games but the basics are the same for all types of characters so don't let that put you off if you are looking for more traditional animation or motion picture character creation.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £1,495
- Mode of study: Evening (Part time)
- Programme duration: 18 weeks (Monday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Philip is a Games Art Tutor at Escape Studios with over 10 years experience working in video games and computer graphics.
He worked with some of the most successful games studios in the UK including EA, Jagex, Rebellion and Climax, and has released thirteen video games including, Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Runescape, Overlord and released his own game for iOS called Dead on Sight.
Philip has been teaching in higher education for over three years, and teaches Art Direction, Game Design, software skills in Maya, Zbrush, Unreal, substance and Photoshop. Since January 2018 we have ran a Saturday Club in partnership with the National Saturday Club and he teaches under 16s how to create art for games.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career