Character Creation (Evening - 18 weeks)
Visualise your own character designs and bring them to life
Over 18 weeks of evening classes, you’ll design, model, texture, rig and animate your own character. Everything you need to bring your character ideas to life!
You’ll explore different character design techniques, create 3D models using Maya and then paint and texture your character to give it a distinct look. Finally, you’ll breathe life into your creation through rigging and animation.
This course is jampacked but is designed for beginners - to take you through every stage of the process. We use automated processes within Maya to simplify the workflow so everyone is able to create a character within 18 weeks.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates: 3 June 2019
- Tuition fees: £1,495
- Mode of study: Evening (Part time)
- Programme duration: 18 weeks (Monday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Jonathan has worked in VFX for over 10 years and has had every role in Nuke from working in stereo, to prep, to comp, to comp supervisor. His VFX work has taken him to Hengdian, China one of the largest film studios in the world, as a Comp Supervisor.
His filmography includes Prometheus, Narnia, Dredd, Star Wars, the finale of the Harry Potter series, Men in Black 3, Dark Shadows as well as working in advertising. Amongst the impressive list of films, Jonathan has found the time to work freelance as 3D artist and knows how to Model, Texture, Light, Rig, Animate, Render, Prep and then Comp.
Jon's favourite weapons of choice are Nuke, Silhouette, Maya, Zbrush, Mari, 3D Equalizer, pretty much the whole VFX pipeline stored in his brain. Jonathan is currently teaching 2D and 3D on our full-time and part-time VFX courses and a member of the VFX society.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career