Character Creation for Games and VFX (4 weeks)
Spend your summer creating your own character and bringing them to life! Over 4 weeks, you’ll design, model, texture, rig and animate your own character.
You’ll explore different character design techniques, create 3D models using Maya and then paint and texture your character to give it a distinct look. Finally, you’ll breathe life into your creation through rigging and animation.
This course is designed for beginners and we will take you through every stage of the process. We use automated processes within Maya to simplify the workflow so you can create a masterpiece in a short period.
- Location: London Campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: TBC
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time) Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm *no teaching will take place on bank holiday Monday
- Programme duration: 4 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Michael Davies is 3D Artist who has worked at leading studios including DNEG, Industrial Light & Magic and Prime Focus.
He brings his experience of working on VFX blockbuster films such as Batman vs Superman, Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok to Escape Studios.
Find out more about Mike on Alex William's animation blog
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career