Character Design (4 weeks)
Characters form the central part of any creative project and with this summer course you can learn how to bring your imagination to life.
We've created this course with leading professionals, including Vince Woodcock, who was a character designer on animated hits such as Space Jam and the Tigger Movie. Over 4 weeks you will learn the art and craft of character design - from understanding how great characters are formed to creating your own vision.
Following the course, there will also be an 8 week period of online mentoring, in which students can polish their skills in a virtual classroom and receive ongoing feedback and support.
- LOCATION: Midtown campus
- START DATES: 28 August 2018
- TUITION FEES: £2,750
- MODE OF STUDY: Full time (Monday-Friday 10am-5pm, plus additional 4 weeks of online mentoring)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 4 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Pernille Ørum is an established Illustrator who has worked at Warner Bros, Sybo Games and Bombay Productions. Pernille was Head of Character Design on Warner Brothers show DC Superhero Girls and now works on a wide range of freelance projects for big leading animation companies including Disney, Mattel Playground and Nickelodeon Jr.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career