2D Character Design (Evening - 8 weeks)
Do you want to make your characters come to life?
2D Character Design is one of the most rewarding parts of our industry and also one of the most competitive. As with everything we do here at Escape, the class will build up to a live industry brief, with the final project mapping as closely as possible to the experience of working in an industry environment.
Students will attend an evening class one night a week, and will be set simple projects to do in-class, and more complex ones to complete by the following week. Following the course, there will also be an 8 week period of online mentoring, in which students can polish their skills in a virtual classroom and receive ongoing feedback and support.
The course has been designed after consultation with industry, with individual classes being delivered by character designers working in the animation industry, such as the very talented Andrea Torrejón.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates:
18 November 2019
6 January 2020
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time (Monday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks, plus 8 weeks of online mentoring
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career