Cinematography for VFX (Evening - 4 weeks)
To get the ‘big picture’, VFX artists have to look beyond the computer screen.
Learning VFX is not just about learning how to use software. Knowing a tool is the minimum expected from VFX artists. In fact, the best possible VFX tool is the artist, not the software they use. To acquire such a unique insight and creative power, VFX artists need to understand the DNA of images. They must connect the dots between the different components and stages of image making.
Cinematographers and VFX artists may use very different tools but they are making the same image, they are dealing with the same medium with the same attributes and parameters, at two ends of the same spectrum. In that respect the practice of VFX truly is Cinematography, only made with computers. And contrary to the tools - cameras or software - the science of images is a timeless, universal and highly transferable knowledge.
This part-time evening course allows VFX artists to get hands-on and practical cinematography training. You’ll direct your own sequence and by the end of the course you’ll have a deeper understanding of how the raw shots that VFX studios use are produced. You’ll also have a wider understanding of practical filmmaking and how it impacts on VFX. We believe this course to be unique and an absolute essential for the modern filmmaker and VFX artist alike.
- LOCATION: West campus
- START DATES:
5 March 2018
8 October 2018
- TUITION FEES: £2,000
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Evenings: Mon and Wed 7-10pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 4 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
The course is led by award winning filmmaker Clement Gharini whose impressive CV includes working on Ex Machina, Harry Potter and Les Misérables.
Take a look at his impressive showreel: www.clement.tv.
Clement Gharini has 16 years of experience working in the film industry and a double technical background in cinematography and visual effects.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career