Compositing for Visual Effects (12 weeks)
Compositors are in high demand and this 12 week course could be your opportunity to jump into the industry.
We’ve been teaching compositing at Escape Studios since 2002 and we’ve helped thousands of students break into the industry. This 12 week course gives you a thorough introduction to all things 2D. We’ll teach you how to composite layers together seamlessly, to create a showstopping final shot. You’ll cover all the essentials including rotoscoping, prep work, keying, camera tracking and colour correction.
Over 12 weeks you’ll be hands-on in our studios, getting to grips with Nuke and learning how real studios and pipelines operate. All of our tutors have worked in the industry so you will learn the techniques, software and skills used in the industry today. After the course you’ll have access to our AfterCare package so you can perfect your showreel.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 17 February 2020
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors
A lot of Allar's life has been spent staring at computer monitors trying to figure out what's really going on. With a background in shooting news for TV and projecting films he found his way to the world of VFX through the Digital Post Production MA from the National Film and Television School.
After years of compositing commercials, music promos and feature films in Nuke and Flame, heading the VFX editorial department at Realise Studio and developing their pipeline solutions, the childhood calling of science drove him back to continue his studies in computing and the brains.
His research interests include computer vision, natural and artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces and finding approaches to bridge the art of cognitive neurosciences with the awesomeness of visual effects.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career