Concept Art (8 weeks)
Craft cinematic beauty
This course provides an introduction to concept art - the start of the pre-production journey. It’s perfect for artists, budding enthusiasts and professionals who want to learn concept art, whether you’re just starting out, looking to upgrade your skills or just wanting to create some cool concept work to add to your portfolio.
This part-time evening course will teach you a range of skills and covers both 2D and 3D elements. You’ll use digital matte painting and traditional drawing, utilising software such as Photoshop and ZBrush.
The course is delivered by Cenay Oekman who has over 24 years’ experience in the VFX industry with an impressive list of well-known films including two academy acclaimed films Inception and Jungle Book.
- LOCATION: West campus
- START DATES: 7 March 2018
- TUITION FEES: £995
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Wednesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 8 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet your tutor
Cenay has over 24 years' experience in the visual effects industry as an award winning 3D artist. He has worked on an impressive list of well-known films from Harry Potter, Hunger Games and the Oscar acclaimed Inception.
Cenay can add the recent Oscar and BAFTA VFX winner Jungle Book to his collection for his 3D work on the environment. He has also worked at the large post production houses such as D-Neg and MPC.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career