Concept Art (Evening - 8 weeks)
Craft cinematic beauty
This course provides an introduction to concept art - the start of the pre-production journey. It’s perfect for artists, budding enthusiasts and professionals who want to learn concept art, whether you’re just starting out, looking to upgrade your skills or just wanting to create some cool concept work to add to your portfolio.
This part-time evening course will teach you a range of skills and covers both 2D and 3D elements. You’ll use digital matte painting and traditional drawing, utilising software such as Photoshop and ZBrush.
The course will be tutored by Jonathan McFall who has worked in VFX for over 10 years. His filmography includes Prometheus, Narnia, Dredd, Star Wars, the finale of the Harry Potter series, Men in Black 3, Dark Shadows as well as working in advertising.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time (Wednesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet your tutor
Jonathan is one of our 3D Tutors at Escape Studios. He has worked in VFX for over 10 years and has had every role in Nuke from working in stereo, to prep, to comp, to comp supervisor. He's worked in higher education for 12 years. His VFX work has taken him to Hengdian, China one of the largest film studios in the world, as a Comp Supervisor.
Jon's favourite weapons of choice are Nuke, Silhouette, Maya, Zbrush, Mari, 3D Equalizer, pretty much the whole VFX pipeline stored in his brain. Jonathan is currently teaching 2D and 3D on our full-time and part-time VFX courses and a member of the VFX society.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career
Check out the amazing artwork from some of our current students on the Concept Art evening class.