Concept Art (8 weeks)
Craft cinematic beauty
This course provides an introduction to concept art - the start of the pre-production journey. It’s perfect for artists, budding enthusiasts and professionals who want to learn concept art, whether you’re just starting out, looking to upgrade your skills or just wanting to create some cool concept work to add to your portfolio.
This part-time evening course will teach you a range of skills and covers both 2D and 3D elements. You’ll use digital matte painting and traditional drawing, utilising software such as Photoshop and ZBrush.
The course is delivered by Philip Meredith who has over 11 years’ experience in the Games industry with an impressive list of well-known Games including Harry Potter, Silent Hill and Runescape.
- LOCATION: MidTown campus
- START DATES: 5 September 2018
- TUITION FEES: £995
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Wednesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 8 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet your tutor
Philip has over 10 years’ experience in the Games industry, having worked with some of the most successful games studios in the UK, including EA, Jagex, Rebellion and Climax, and on some top of the list video games such as Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Runescape.
Philip has been teaching Art Direction, Game Design and software skills in higher education for over three years.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career