Games VFX with Unreal Engine (6 weeks)
Get to grips with this real-time renderer. Learn how to create materials, add particle effects and use simulations for game environments.
Unreal Engine is used by more AAA game studios than any other engine, so if you’re serious about working in the industry you need to know your stuff. That’s why we’re running a summer course to help amature game artists, students and careers switchers get to grips with this real-time renderer.
Over six weeks you’ll learn how to create materials, add particle effects and use simulations for game environments. We pack a lot into the course and you’ll be in the studio five days a week to learn the skills and develop your craft. The course is led by VFX Artist, Tom Harle and we have Studio Assistants in every class to assist you.
The world of game graphics is advancing rapidly and the industry is reaching similar quality to film VFX. There’s huge demand for games FX and the industry needs talented artists. As a new and niche area within the industry, the demand for artists is outweighing the supply so there’s never been a better time to train in this.
- LOCATION: Midtown campus
- START DATES: 30 July 2018
- TUITION FEES: £4,120
- MODE OF STUDY: Full time (Monday-Friday 10am-5pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 6 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Tom Harle has been a VFX artist in the games industry for seven years, having worked on such games as Gears of War Remastered and the Sniper Elite series.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career