Houdini - Tools and Pipelines (5 weeks)
Do you want to master in the latest VFX software?
This part-time evening course is the more advanced of our Houdini courses so you can become a master in the software.
You'll be taught by Mark Spevick, Head of 3D at Escape Studios, who will teach you everything you need to know to move to the next level with Houdini and Houdini Engine. You will design and create Houdini digital assets, learn Vex, HScript and Python integrations.
You will understand uses of Houdini Engine plugins for Maya and Unreal, so this can be applied across all areas of the pipeline and enhance workflows. This course is ideal for those who have taken our Introduction to Houdini Course, or have a good background in 3D VFX.
- LOCATION: Midtown campus
- START DATES: TBC
- TUITION FEES: £1,250
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Mon and Wed 7-10pm)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 5 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English. Must have studied the Introduction to Houdini course or be able to show extensive knowledge of 3D VFX with basic Houdini skills.
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house Double Negative.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career