About the course
It's a part-time evening advanced course, where you'll get to learn Vex, HScript and Python integrations with Houdini as well as learn how to build digital assets.
An excellent follow on to our Introduction to Houdini course. During our 5 week evening course (perfect for those who work full-time) Mark Spevick, Head of 3D at Escape Studios, will teach you everything you need to know to move to the next level with Houdini and Houdini Engine.
So what's the next step? Get on your way to becoming a VFX master, with the skills and knowledge required to make computer game or film VFX pipeline tools in the form of Houdini Assets.
For those who already have a good background in 3D VFX, this course would be an excellent development in how to use Houdini to create assets for Maya and Unreal Engine. You'll be taught how to manipulate through scripting and expressions, to enhance your workflows.
Is this course for me?
This course is ideal if you want to:
- Be able to design and create Houdini digital assets. (HDA's or OTL's).
- Be able to use VOPs and Wrangle nodes.
- Be able to enhance work-flows with scripting and expressions.
- Understand uses of Houdini Engine plug-in for Maya and Unreal.
Important: You must have completed the our Introduction to Houdini course OR be able to evidence: good understanding of Houdini and its various contexts, and good understanding of 3D techniques. (Games or VFX). Basic understanding of Maya and Unreal engine is also an advantage.
Why learn Houdini Pipelines with Escape Studios?
SideFX are becoming a big deal in Games and VFX. Learning with us is an opportunity to get on board with Houdini pipelines while it’s new, exciting and growing. SideFX have contributed to the development of a course championing their own software and engine for industry use, making us the ideal training provider to get you studio ready.
- Week 1: Investigating procedural work-flows in Houdini with view to making assets.
- Week 2: Introduction to visual programming with VOP nodes.
- Week 3: Introduction to scripting, wrangle nodes and expressions.
- Week 4: Houdini Assets and Houdini engine plug-in
- Week 5: Case studies - examples may include track building asset, building generator, fracture tool
Escape Studios West
- COURSE START DATES
31 July 2017
20 November 2017
- TUITION FEES
£950 (Mon and Wed 7-10pm)
- MODE OF STUDY
- PROGRAMME DURATION
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English. Must have studied the Introduction to Houdini course or be able to show extensive knowledge of 3D VFX with basic Houdini skills.
Meet your tutor
Head of 3D