About the course
By the end of the course you'll feel comfortable with Houdini's interface, so you'll be able to produce some killer effects using the software!
We demystify the software, to show you how to make the most of it for VFX.
This 1 week course covering the basics of this popular software interface and procedural workflows.
Mark Spevick, Head of 3D at Escape Studios is our resident "Harry Houdini" and will be guiding you through everything you need to know.
This course is ideal if you want to:
- Be able to open and operate Houdini.
- Understand procedural methods within Houdini.
- Have an introduction to dynamic simulations (DOPS)
- Have an introduction to rendering with Mantra
- Make simple Houdini assets for use as tools and also for Houdini Engine.
Why learn Houdini with Escape Studios?
The brains behind Houdini, SideFX, are one of our favorite software industry partners. As well as hosting their 2016 software launch at our place, they've contributed to the development of a course championing their own software and engine for industry use. There's simply no better place to learn what the professionals do.
- Day 1: Introduction to Houdini - intro to interface and procedural workflows
- Day 2: SOP techniques - copy stamp and expressions
- Day 3: Mantra and Shaders - look at the rendering engines and making shaders
- Day 4: Introduction to DOPS - simple breakup and destruction sims
- Day 5: Assets and engines
Escape Studios West
- COURSE START DATES
22 August 2016
- TUITION FEES
- MODE OF STUDY
- PROGRAMME DURATION
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet your tutor
Head of 3D