Introduction to Houdini (5 weeks)
Are you looking to get to grips with the industries latest 3D software?
This part-time evening course will demystify Houdini and show you how to make the most of it for VFX.
The course will be taught by our resident Harry Houdini Mark Spevick who will cover the basics to ensure you are comfortable with the software’s interface. You’ll leave with a strong understanding in procedural workflows, with an introduction to dynamic simulations, how to make simple assets and rendering with Mantra.
The brains behind Houdini, SideFX, are one of our favorite software industry partners. As well as hosting their 2016 software launch at our place, they've contributed to the development of a course championing their own software and engine for industry use. There's simply no better place to learn what the professionals do.
- LOCATION: West campus
- START DATES:
20 March 2018
20 August 2018
- TUITION FEES: £1,250
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 5 weeks (Evenings: Mon and Wed 7-10pm)
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English. Must show good knowledge of 3D VFX fundamentals.
Meet our tutors
Mark is our Head of 3D, combining teaching with working at the highest level in the industry.
He got his big break at Peerless Camera, the production house co-owned by Terry Gilliam, and worked on every Gilliam film from ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ to ‘The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus’, starring the late Heath Ledger. He also worked with director Martin Campbell on ‘Zorro’ and ‘Mask of Zorro’ before supervising on the set of ‘Casino Royale’.
Most recently, Mark managed the CG team that worked on the parachute scene in ‘Angels and Demons’, on behalf of post-house Double Negative.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career