Animation Technical Direction with Maya and Houdini (Evening - 8 weeks)
Animation just got a little more technical
This course is an 8 week introduction which will enable students to learn the basics of technical animation in Maya and Houdini.
It is aimed at working or training animators who want to improve their technical skills as they will learn the basics of simulations, effects and physics-based animation. Students should ideally have some prior knowledge of the software. Students will be expected to attend an evening class one night a week, and will develop a portfolio or demo reel to showcase their skills.
The course has been developed by our Head of Animation, Alex Williams, and will be taught by our 3D tutor, Daniel Shutt, in response to the increasing demand for technically skilled animators from studios.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start date: 9 January 2019
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time (Wednesday evening: 7pm - 10pm)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Daniel Shutt, 3D tutor at Escape Studios, has been teaching in higher education for 14 years and has over 23 years’ experience in various 3D fields, including film effects, games graphics, architectural rendering and TV commercials.
Daniel has worked in the games industry at Sierra and Divide by Zero, and in post-production at Lost in Space, on projects for 4:2:2, BBC, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Channel 4 and ITV.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career