Motion Graphics (6 weeks)
Shake up your designs with our brand new Motion Graphics course.
Motion Graphics is a versatile skill that can be applied in a range of sectors such as advertising, broadcasting, games and film. In just 6 weeks, our daytime courses (full-time) will take you from the basics to creating graphics for a full TV package!
Our course is designed to teach the fundamentals of Motion Graphics, combining graphic design and audiovisuals to create a variety of media. You'll get hands on with the industry standard software Adobe After Effects working on weekly projects such as typography and basic character animation to develop your skills.
As with all of our courses, you'll be hands-on in the studio with the industry standard software, Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D, and learn the tips and tricks of the trade to guarantee you’ll be studio ready.
- Location: MidTown campus
- Start dates: 29 June 2020
- Tuition fees: £5,645
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 6 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Adam has over 15 years experience working in the motion graphics industry, creating work for clients such as Paramount, HSBC, BT, Sony, Sky, Universal, Conde Nast, Warner Brothers, VISA and ITV. Adam loves to create motion and works across all mediums from graphics for presentations, to events, to DVD menus and adverts.
He started working in DVD menu design, winning BVA awards for best menu design in 2009 and 2010 for Son of Rambow and Monty Python: Almost the Truth, before working his way up to Head of Design and overseeing a team of designers.
Adam started teaching Motion Graphics at Escape Studios in 2018 in addition to freelancing.
Ed is a freelance CG Generalist and Motion Designer working in broadcast and entertainment visuals. Over the past decade he has made the switch from being a 2D Character Animator to a diehard 3D Generalist, learning Cinema 4D deliberately to get motion design work: it eventually paid off, and now Ed works with a diverse list of clients around the world, on productions large and small.
- Concept/background art for The Lehman Trilogy
- Rigging puppets for the Take That 2019 Tour
- Tech direction and render wrangling with Beeple for Louis Vuitton shop window displays
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career