Producing for VFX (6 weeks)
Be at the centre of filmmaking magic
Supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
Get the skills to join one of the VFX industries most prized careers: Visual Effects Production. It’s no secret that there’s a huge skills gap in the VFX industry, there simply arent enough Visual Effects Producers to meet demand. If you want to lead on managing projects that produce phenomenal artwork for blockbuster films, TV shows and advertising - this is your chance!
Be part of the change:
We are offering a limited amount of places on our heavily-subsidised course as part of the big push to train new Visual Effects Producers, along with our partners ScreenSkills and Access VFX. This 6-week intensive daytime course (full-time) will prepare you with the fundamental skills and knowledge to manage a VFX project and establish a production career within leading VFX studios around the world.
Who can study this course?
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. As we’re working with ScreenSkills and Access VFX we encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds in the creative industries (women, BAME, learning differences, socioeconomic areas). Everyone who enquires will be invited to a Skype or face-to-face interview.
- Location: MidTown campus
- Start dates: 4 February 2019
- Tuition fees: £1,200 (50% Bursary available)* Bursaries available -up to 50% of the fees
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time), Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm
- Programme duration: 6 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Paula Pope, Visual Effects Production Tutor, has had a vibrant career working as a VFX Producer. Previous to her tutoring work, she was based at The Senate: a VFX studio specialising in CG environments and invisible effects. She has worked on an impressive array of film titles, including:
- Chasing Satellites (2019)
- Mute (2017)
- Kingsman, The Golden Circle (2017)
- Angels & Demons (2009)
Martin Gabriel has worked in VFX for over twenty years (since before Space Jam), first as a VFX Coordinator and then as VFX Producer in London, Hollywood and on location abroad. He has experience of the whole process of VFX in film-making from pre-production to post, as well as in Television and Commercials. In addition, he has had a role in creating facility wide information systems to manage the flow of data. Although he has mostly worked on large budget Hollywood projects, these days he is often to be found working on smaller, independent, European films. Find out more about Martin.
Guest speakers: Throughout the course you will get the chance to hear from VFX professionals working in industry, as well as our 2D and 3D VFX tutors at Escape Studios.
We work alongside leading VFX studios to shape everything you’ll experience at Escape Studios, from developing the curriculum we teach to providing special events and networking opportunities for students.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career