Producing for VFX (6 weeks)
Be part of something exciting! After 15 years of being the leaders in VFX education we’re launching a new producing course.
Producers and their teams lie at the heart of any VFX project - masters of efficiency, they keep the project on-time and in budget. We’ve packed the essentials of production into this new course, for 6 weeks of intensive hands-on training in our studios. We’ll take you on the journey from concept to delivery, to experience each stage of the production pipeline and see how they interlink. We’ll teach you about the industry - scrutinising different VFX pipelines and getting to grips with the roles, lingo and software used. You’ll learn through workshops, practical software sessions and online tutorials, and you'll also complete a final project to demonstrate your ability to manage a VFX project.
We’ve created this course in response to industry demand for trained production staff. We’ve developed this course with successful producers and industry professionals (from the likes of The Mill, Double Negative and Jellyfish Pictures) so it reflects the skills needed in the industry right now.
Like all of our daytime courses (full-time), you’ll also have industry experts delivering guest lectures to really bring the content to life. For our July 2018 intake, Adam McInnes, freelance VFX Supervisor known for his work on The Martian, Sheila Wickens, VFX Supervisor at DNEG TV known for her work on Churchill, Emma Larsson, Bidding Producer, and Jacqui Marchant-Adams, VFX Coordinator at Lipsync Post, joined us to share their experience working in the industry.
- Location: MidTown campus
- Start dates: 5 July 2019
- Tuition fees: £5,645
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time) Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm
- Programme duration: 6 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Martin Gabriel has worked in VFX for over twenty years (since before Space Jam), first as a VFX Coordinator and then as VFX Producer in London, Hollywood and on location abroad. He has experience of the whole process of VFX in film-making from pre-production to post, as well as in Television and Commercials. In addition, he has had a role in creating facility wide information systems to manage the flow of data. Although he has mostly worked on large budget Hollywood projects, these days he is often to be found working on smaller, independent, European films. Find out more about Martin.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including The Mill, Jellyfish, Double Negative, Framestore, MPC and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career